汕头,中国

Friday 20 July 2007

What I Have Been Doing...

I'm here again to update you on my doings. I have compiled a few days stuffs to show you. I have realised I did not show you what I have done on the 8th of July. So the bottom first photo reflects 8th July. I went to the US mega shopping mall, Wal-mart. It was initially a hot day so I went to get a bowl of fruit shaving ice. Really good. Had pizza that taste like bread for snack. Really had a fun time!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This photo below shows a variety of food that I had. The bottom right hand corner and the middle picture at the bottom is what I had on the night of 15th July. They are 水饺 (steam dumplings) and 胚芽珍朱奶茶 (milk bubble tea with embryo) . They wrap the 水饺 here very beautifully and it is delicious. I have mentioned 胚芽珍朱奶茶 a few times because I think this drink is really really nice.
The top left hand corner was what I had on Monday (16th July) for lunch. I had 牛肉丸 (beef balls) and 牛肉沙茶干果 (beef dried noodle). If you have followed my blog, I have mentioned 'sar chang jiang'. The correct spelling should be 'sha cha jiang'. In chinese it would be, 沙茶酱.
The last two photos, top right hand and bottom left hand corner, are 珍珠丸 (pearl balls) and 灌汤包 (bun with soup in it) respectively. I had it on the night of 16th July. I have mentioned 灌汤包 many many times too. I didn't know it was 灌汤包 initially, thought it was 小笼包. I finally got to taste it after going down 3 times and it is REALLY GOOD!!! This is the fourth time man. We happened to see the same stall serves 珍珠丸 so we got it to try. Not bad but not as nice as the 灌汤包. It's like glutinous rice ball. GOOD GOOD FOOD!!! I need to seriously go on a diet when I'm back man.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Remember this egg thingy? I have took a photo before but the photo wasn't clear and appealing so I was there again on the 16th July. I even record the whole process of making it. Will be posting it in the next post. Anyway, here in China, the eggs are expensive to them. If we want to add eggs into any dish, it would be RMB 1 per egg. Then this egg thingy is RMB 1. But this egg thingy is cheap and really nice. Do not know what they call it here. May find out and let y'all know soon.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Cooked on the 17th July (Tuesday) at 香兰 and 敏珊 place. We had DUMPLINGS!!!! Haha. Didn't wrap it on my own. Bought in packets. The brand of this dumpling is 龙凤. This brand that I have typed is in simplified Chinese, the one on the packet is in traditional chinese. This brand does really good dumplings. Help me see in Singapore whether they have it!!! If you see it, let me know and do not forget to get some for yourself to eat. Cook it with vege and it can be considered a meal. The soup and all are really nice. Had a filling dinner.
I have realised that since last Thursday, I have been going up to 香兰 and 敏珊 place to cook and it is really fun with their companion.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home