汕头,中国

Thursday 7 June 2007

Wow! It has been a while since I have blogged. I did nothing much since Monday. Actually like all of you doing your MP, I can't wait to start on mine too. It can be really boring doing translation everyday. Researching for stuffs regarding Telecommunications (电信) is not boring. At least I get to learn stuffs I never knew. The constant translation for letters and documents from English-to-Chinese, vice versa has already been inculcated into part of my life. I'm so immune to it but bored at the same time. Besides having to research for stuffs such as DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-S2, DVB-C and much much more, I have to translate it from English-to-Chinese. Well, that's nothing new.


You must be thinking, "Why don't Clarissa use the wikipedia.com in Chinese? Wouldn't it be faster?" Apparently, I'm not stupid to use that method but the information given in Chinese is so limited. Clarissa definitely knows how to jump to short-cuts in order to work fast and all. But you wouldn't learn as much. Therefore, I have been doing the long way. Do you know that wikipedia is being banned in China? Apparently, the government wouldn't want the Chinese to know too much. So it can be quite hard to search for information. But I have my witty ways.


So far, I have learnt so much Telecomm terms in Chinese, such as Modulator (调制器), server (服务器), Card Splitter (分卡机) etc. But I know you don't really bother knowing it in Chinese when all of you have the pleasure of using English in Singapore.

Work aside. I ate green bean soup yesterday. I miss my mommy's - it has sago in it. My favourite. Here they put melon in it because the weather is getting hotter as summer is making its way in.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
After lunch when Yan Jie (boss' sister) returned, she bought HUGE watermelon for all of us. Sorry for I have taken one bite realising that I haven't taken a photo of it. Wanted to keep it because I have never seen HUGE watermelon before. Yeah yeah, call me noob. I never take the side that has loads of seeds. I though I was eating watermelon seeds instead of the watermelon itself.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home