汕头,中国

Thursday 14 June 2007

Life has been a little monotonous recently. It is now Thursday and I have still nothing much to do. Everybody seems to be busy except for Wendy and I. 黄小姐 always going out of the office every now and then. 陈广奇 has been running some tests for some stuffs, 沈香兰 staring at her computer from start of work till end of work. 香兰 has the most calls everyday. Always seeing her on the phone. See! All of them are busy and yet we have nothing much to do.

My translation days might come to an end. Piles of translation become one per day. Sometimes, it is not that we want to slack. So all we could do is to do our own research or seriously slack sometimes. Being in school to a certain extend may not be a bad thing. When you are bored, you can talk to your friend on the left or right. Wendy is sitting in front of me so most of our communications are through MSN. You wouldn't want us both to be shouting when we are talking. That wouldn't be nice when everybody is so concentrated in their work.

At least yesterday wasn't too bad. I got a couple of letters to translate and I have chatted with the French customer again. That's all. I'm even surprise at how fast this week has gone past so fast, yet there's nothing much we can d0. Mr Tan has already proposed a MP for us to do and 黄小姐 has also helped us to convey the message to boss. But I think he is still too busy to answer anything or is he considering really hard? Well, I think I am giving it a try today when I see him.

Anyway, after work yesterday, we wanted to eat 小笼包 (a bun, which has soup in it). Really nice to eat. China and Hong Kong have really nice 小笼包, so wanted to taste it. But when we got to the place, they said that they had stopped making 小笼包. So sad. But what we ate in the end wasn't that bad too. Ate their specialty noodle and soup (really good), nian yong bao (some paste bun, on the top left-hand side of the first picture) and 排骨 (pork ribs, second picture). The pork ribs, 黄小姐 paid for it and the nian yong bao I paid for it because Wendy didn't order anything. So in total, I have spent RMB 16 (S$3.20) for all these. It was damn filling.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
As usual after dinner, we went for a walk and saw Ou Jyi (欧吉) Black Bubble Tea shop. 胚芽珍朱奶茶 (Plumule Bubble Milk Tea). Plumule is the bud of the ascending axis of a plant while still in the embryo. It is really nice and healthy. The first time I drank it was after the first badminton session, boss bought it for me. Ever since, I only drink that and nothing else. They have a promotion for all large cup drinks going at RMB 10 (S$2). But because I added pearls to it, so it is RMB 12 (S$2.40). I enjoyed drinking it but was really really full after it. Punishment for greediness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home