汕头,中国

Saturday 9 June 2007

8th June 2007, Friday

I nearly forgotten to remind all of you something. Before you continue reading or scrolling (which I think you wouldn't care), please prepare a box of tissue or hankerchief because the following content is not for the hungry souls. Enjoy!

Friday morning at work, I was rushing to complete my PR1 and my weekly progress report for Mr Tan. Well, not really rushing but still manage to finish it before lunch. How hard can a report be? Then after lunch, I started doing loads of translations work. One after another kept coming. I even told 黄小姐 that I couldn't even breathe. Yesterday can be considered a busy day then. When Mr Tan didn't receive two documents that I have sent him the day before, I had to redo because I didn't keep one of the document. Then did quite a lot of research on MP4 too.

For lunch, we ate Claypot Rice. I would never had thought that they really brought the whole port to our place. They have many kinds of claypot but all of us chose between 排骨 (pork ribs) or chicken.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
香兰 and I ate the chicken one. For RMB 5 (S$1), you get this kind of portion but eating it more like eating bones than the meat. But it is still nice. To my opinion, I think eating the chicken has more meat than eating the pork ribs. The bones of the pork ribs are so much bigger but very little meat on it.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
But seriously, I wish it wasn't after lunch on Friday, besides all the translation documents piling up, I had to msn the French customer again. I think you might have guessed, the problem has not been resolved. Still got so much problem. But I guess to a certain extend I was lucky to have finished all my work then I start msn-ing the French customer. One thing I was happy though it that when I have finished all the translation and all, it was 1630 (4.30pm).

After work, we went to 玫瑰园 (Rose Garden). Don't be silly, it is not literally 'Rose Garden'. I don't even see any roses when I alighted from Bus 9. If we were to take Bus 9, it is only 4 stops till we reached Rose Garden. Then we decided to go for dinner first. We stumbled across a cafeteria which sells duck rice. 黄小姐 wanted to eat duck rice but we ate something else instead. They have so many varieties of food here. The eggs, vege and the soup you see come as a set with the meal. Since all of us ordered the set, they decided to put everything into a plate.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
You must be wondering why there's three eggs when there are four of us. Apparently 黄小姐 was too hungry she took hers and they remembered I had to take photos. If you can spot carefully, her egg is on the top left-hand corner of the picture above. Oh! The below picture of the vege is disgusting. I think some of you will think is nice but I don't like the bitter taste so skipped eating this. I can get my protein from somewhere else Like Meat - ROAR!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This soup is really superlicious. This is 黄小姐 soup. The rest of us drank this seaweed soup, which I don't know why its cold. Not bad but 黄小姐 soup is better and and warm. She and I drank half and we swapped soup.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The above is the casing for my rice set is nice yar? Like a treasure case. Then when you open it, you will have 火爆牛肉 (beef.). Really nice. Everybody said that mine is the nicest. The sauce is so nice together with the beef and the rice. Mouth watering.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
No no, I am not showing more of my food. If you observed carefully, the bottom one is 黄小姐 set. Hers is called, '金菇滑鸡', which means golden mushrooms with chicken. I like how they prepared the golden mushrooms. Really really nice. For my set, it is RMB 13 (S$2.60). Very cheap for the set.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The above is 香兰, which is 红烧排骨 (roasted pork ribs). Not bad but the rice is not as nice as the one in the treasure chest. Then the bottom is Wendy's 鱼香肉丝. Using fish sauce to cook with chicken meat. This set would be RMB 14 (S$2.80). I only know 香兰 and my set because we were looking at it together.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We traded with each other's our ingredients like having pot luck. The feeling is very nice. Look at how much we enjoyed our food. Erm... at least I think I am. My smile seems to be the widest. Don't know what's with the rest. They said the food is good but the expression on their faces seem different. Don't be fooled by their faces, trust my face will do. It is really NICE! Hee.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
After dinner, we went to walk around, which is good for digestion. The apparels shop there are really nice and up to date to style but can be quite costly. So I just looked. I promised my mom I wouldn't spend anymore for the time being anyway. Then we came past, 大众 supermarket so we spent like an hour and a half in there because 黄小姐 wanted to get some 日常用品 (things she uses daily) to stock up. She bought us this ice-creams to thank us for spending time in there with her. Then we continued shopping at the other side of the road. That stretch of road has many apparels shop - some are expensive and some are affordable.

Before I end, remember the automated locker I told you about? I have managed to take a video of it with the help from 香兰 when we were at 大众 supermarket. So I will post it after this. The purpose of doing so is to keep your valuables inside so as you don't lose it while shopping or they do not want you to be shoplifting from their store. You can only find it in supermarket. Hasn't seen it anywhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home